Can I identify a tool by its Pat. No.?

Can I identify a tool by its Pat. No.?

A few years ago I bought a reconditioned Japanese car from a local dealership. Among the items I found in the car on initial cleaning was 1. a few Yen currency; 2. Two audio CDs with Japanese music; and 3. a peculiar curved pointed-tipped tool that freely rotated on a long cylinderical handle. There is no mark of place of manufacture but it has the markings "PAT. 578487". This is followed by a horizontal diamond with an 'F' in the center of the diamond. then the words "STAINLESS STEEL". I am still trying to figure out what type of tool this is, as it makes for an interesting conversation piece. Could you help me?


Best answer:
Answer by keshequa87
I just googled patent search. I got the page for the United States Patent and Trademark Office. It prompted me to do a search by patent number, which I did. I don't know if what I found is what you have, but why don't you check it out? It won't let me paste the whole humongous link. Luck!


Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

0 comments :

Post a Comment