Gel electrophoresis? (negative electrode)?

Gel electrophoresis? (negative electrode)?

I'm using gel electrophoresis (making the chamber myself) to separate proteins in blue food dye. A few questions:::
1. The negative electrode goes BEHIND the well for the dye, right?
2. Why does my wire, it is supposedly stainless steel, get all brown after I run the experiment?
3. I've done this before, 3 times, and it always FAILS. I've made modifications, so if it still doesn't work, what should I do about science fair?

Thanks so much!


Best answer:
Answer by mo-mo
go to science buddies, they have a list. also, search dogpile.


What do you think? Answer below!
Gel electrophoresis apparatus – An agarose gel is placed in this buffer-filled box ..... the direction of migration, from negative to positive electrodes

0 comments :

Post a Comment