How durable is stainless steel compared to other metals?

How durable is stainless steel compared to other metals?

Judging by the fact that a spoon can easily be bent by trying to use it as an improvised ice cream scoop, I had assumed that stainless steel was no tougher than aluminum (Aluminum appears to be the weakest metal that I've ever seen.). The reason why I ask is because when I bought my class ring, I had labored over the decision of yellow gold vs. "gold valadium". With what little information that I had at the time, I said "I'll go with the valadium, because this cheaper alloy is probably stronger, more able to take some wear and tear, more resistant to tarnish, and will probably last longer than real gold. Real gold is pretty weak."


Now, tonight, I Google searched valadium and found out that its principal ingredient is stainless steel. So... Compared to metals like iron, copper, steel, titanium, silver, gold, platinum, and aluminum, how does "stainless steel" stack up? You don't have to make comparisons for all of the metals. I'm just giving examples. Would it withstand, say, a punch to somebody else's face? Not that I would, lol... Just wondering.


Best answer:
Answer by AV
There's several grades of ss out there, but in general it has great wear properties, more than most ferrous metals and is an excellent inexpensive choice for jewelry, just not as flashy.


Give your answer to this question below!

0 comments :

Post a Comment